Organizational limits have much more impact on corporate thought leadership than any one person’s willingness or readiness. They tend to pile up one onto the other. The sad thing is, it doesn’t have to be this way!
- Lack of support for potential thought leaders
- Lack of incentives for volunteering new ideas
- Excessive process that creates perceived obstacles
- Shallow bench of thought leaders
- Dysfunctional review cycles and content governance
- Little or no culture of thought leadership
- Competing or vague definitions of thought leadership
- Weak alignment on thought leadership program goals
- Broken dialogue between marketing and business stakeholders
Which of these barriers to thought leadership do you see most often?