Here’s a simple list to super-charge your site navigation and make it as easy as possible for patients to find doctors within your organization, a consistent top-three item on the patient’s online wish list.
- Offer faceted navigation. You’ve seen it on Amazon, where you can set further options to filter down a search by price, brand, rating, etc. For doctors, common options include location, specialty, gender, language, and hospital affiliations.
- Generate automatic lists of doctors who service locations, so that patients can easily move from office details to find out who treats patients there.
- Generate automatic lists of doctors per speciality, department, and/or center, so that patients can easily move from details of the treatments you offer to find out who delivers them.
- Create robust search, including showing doctor results that match a particular disease or condition, and showing possible misspellings.
- Keep an active flow of content, including articles about your doctors’ credentials, awards, and activities, announcements of new hires, and patient education material authored or bylined by your doctors.
- Feature specific doctors on your home page. A friendly face and short bio blurb can have a big impact on getting patients to explore beyond the immediate need that drove them to your site.