Six weeks left in 2022. It’s a great time to shift focus to the year ahead.
I like to do this by sitting with simple but tough questions. I make sure to give myself ample time to think about my answers, speaking aloud, journaling, or just internal monologue. I also go back to what my answers were last year at this time.
- What is my most fundamental vision?
- Why am I doing any of this? What does it mean to me?
- What do I believe to be true about the world?
- What do I believe to be true about people?
- What am I not saying that needs to be said?
- What is my seat?
- What is my assertion (and to whom)?
- How do I prioritize and stay on track? How do I fail at that? When and how do I succeed?
- How am I complicit in what frustrates me?
It’s not easy, but I highly recommend asking yourself a few of them. Not just in passing but with all your mental and emotional energy.
By the way, it’s my last day before a week off, partly in order to take the time needed to do this. Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate!