As a service provider within a wide range of debt securitizations including loans and bonds, the client had developed significant expertise, but found itself taking a back seat to other industry players. Its expertise in the evolution of products and services, issuer trends, manager and investor needs, and technology was going unnoticed. In addition, in recent years its market share as a service provider had slipped.
- Quarterly communication plans
- Identification of key thought leaders and subject areas
- Media outreach and pitching to secure expert interviews
- Press release development for new products, services, and client wins
- Development of content in multiple formats to feature the client’s thought leaders and thought leadership
- Quarterly communication plans coordinated with client business partners
Owned media evolved from syndication of occasional press releases to a regular thought leadership cadence of blogs, interviews, articles, client stories, and other narrative pieces. Earned media results tripled in the space of a year. In parallel, the bank’s relative market share surged. Business development teams highly valued the impact of this thought leadership content in their ability to win new business.